What has happened this week so far: Lots of time with people in the congregation; not enough time with family at homeWhat's up for the weekend:
Song In My Head:
"Jai Ho" from Slumdog Millionaire
Progeny Story of the Week
a GREAT pre-contest concert tonight for both sons!
I am procrastinating about:
sorting out my closet
Mark 5:36 Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe."
Favorite TV minute this week:
Seeing the Tribe on TV again...baseball season is here!
What I intended to served for dinner tonight (but got too far behind this week to lay the ingredients in for): Chicken and White Bean Stew
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 10-oz. pkgs. refrigerated light Alfredo sauce
- 1 15-oz. can Great Northern or white kidney beans (cannellini beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (1 medium)
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chile peppers
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (1 ounce) (optional)
- Fresh parsley leaves (optional)
1. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Sprinkle chicken with cumin and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat until brown. Place chicken in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in alfredo sauce, beans, broth, onion, chile peppers, and garlic.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. If desired, sprinkle each serving with cheese and parsley. Makes 8 servings.