Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Five - My Favorite Things


Songbird writes...In a week of wondering how various things in our family life will unfold, I found myself thinking of the way Maria comforted the Von Trapp children in one of my favorite movies. Frightened by a thunder storm, the children descend upon her, and she sings to them about her favorite things, taking their minds off the storm. So, let's encourage ourselves. Share with us five of your favorite things. Use words or pictures, whatever expresses it best.





1. Water - lake, river, ocean...I feel most alive when I am near the water. We live just 15 minutes away from a river and one of the Great Lakes, so we spend a lot of time there. Here is a picture from Red, White, and Boom 2008.



2. Books - I probably own more books than anything else. I like the feel of them in my hand, but am beginning to learn to enjoy audiobooks too.



3. Patent-leather shoes - I caught this itch from my friend, Sandy. My favorite is a pair of Aigner black PL loafers.




4. Coffee - just love the flavor of a good cup of java. Don't do frappes or lattes - just lay it on me hot and black! And then sit me down with a game of Word Scrimmage or Sudoku, or my friends' blogs. My favorite brand is Leelanau Coffee Roasters.





5. Boat - I am really a** over teakettle for the 33" 1969 Chris Craft Cruiser that the Captain and I are reconditioning! We picked this boat up for $3900. It sleeps six, has a small galley and a head with shower. The refrigerator opens to the galley and the deck...great for entertaining! One of those absolutely amazing opportunities. Our goal is to restore it to its original 1969 sales guide look, with better fuel economy! Our son Music Man is in on it now too - working on the electrical system and the sound system, so this is really getting to be a family's labor of love. And boating season is just around the corner.



15 comments:

Jules said...

Great list!

I just love the phrase "a** over teakettle" btw. I try to say it at least once a week!

Anonymous said...

wonderful play! the boating sounds healing.

books, books, books! i completely agree!

Unknown said...

I like that phrase, too!

Julie said...

Yay! for patent-leather shoes!

Rev Honey said...

I learned that one from the Captain...been using it ever since we discovered we were a** over teakettle for one another :)

Queen Mum said...

You need a pair of patent leather boat shoes, and you can combine all your favorite things into one lovely excursion....I'll keep my eyes open for you!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

I have been listening to audio books when I drive...and enjoying it immensely. Also in the initial talking stages of a church close to one of the Great Lakes.

1-4 Grace said...

Wonderful pics and a good play!

Sally said...

love this list too, why did I forget boats... maybe because it is sooo cold!

Auntie Knickers said...

Great list, love my locally-roasted coffee too! Excellent pictures by the way, especially the fireworks!

Barbara B. said...

I am waaaaay jealous of your boat!!!

RevAnne said...

Great play. love the idea of the boat...mine's just a lot smaller!

Jennifer said...

Oooohhhh.....I think we were separated at birth.
I love all those things, too!

Scott said...

Water - yes.
Books - yes.
A$$ over teakettle - yes!
Coffee black - HELL YES.

Never thought of the boat, though - that would be a bit of a challenge for me. Good play!

Jan said...

I'm with you on books. I like Hagen Daz coffee ice cream, but not coffee to drink. Great pictures; good play.