Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Five: Love the One You're With

Kathryn writes...This Friday Five will post while I'm at the beach which for me is more than a vacation destination, it is a trip home. I have found it quite easy to wax nostalgic about the places I used to live (well, except for one) and have begun to wonder what it is I like about the place I'm living now? For instance I sure do love the beach, but this picture was taken about 30 minutes away from my house - not too shabby!
And so I ask you to please name five things you like about where you are living now... and as your bonus - 1 thing you don't like.

I have been living in the Toledo, Ohio area for 25 years next month. What do I love about it?

1. Although the metropolitan area population tops 300,000, there are many distinctive ethnic neighborhoods who invite the whole region to celebrate their food and culture.
2. We have an AMAZING art museum, symphony orchestra, and one of the best zoos in the nation.
3. You can be on Lake Erie or the Maumee River in 30 minutes or less, on a boat or at a waterside restaurant.
4. We're the home town of Corporal Klinger and the Mud Hens! Jamie Farr is here a lot, and hosts an outstanding LPGA golf tourney that has raised millions of dollars for local charities.
5. The Metropark system and other area parks are like emeralds encircling our fair city.

And the dislike: Many, many who have lived most or all of their lives here are really "down" on this city and region. They refuse to believe that anything good can come from Toledo. Hmmm...where have I heard that before?!?

6 comments:

Terri said...

Toledo sounds delightful. I love neighborhood festivals - we have a lot of them in Chicago too...

altar ego said...

Yay for Jamie Farr! Ohio cities seem to be good celebrators of cultural diversity. Sounds like Toledo has much to commhend it.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

How I miss Corporal Klinger! That photo made my day.
Toledo sounds great. Diversity, parks, water--how wonderful!

Muhammad Edwin said...

hai...

urdu master said...

hehehehe Very Funny.....

sd said...

Want to earn 100$ daily join this website.
http://payfunda.biz/?share=Alishah007