And so I ask you to please name five things you like about where you are living now... and as your bonus - 1 thing you don't like.
I have been living in the Toledo, Ohio area for 25 years next month. What do I love about it?
1. Although the metropolitan area population tops 300,000, there are many distinctive ethnic neighborhoods who invite the whole region to celebrate their food and culture.
2. We have an AMAZING art museum, symphony orchestra, and one of the best zoos in the nation.
3. You can be on Lake Erie or the Maumee River in 30 minutes or less, on a boat or at a waterside restaurant.
4. We're the home town of Corporal Klinger and the Mud Hens! Jamie Farr is here a lot, and hosts an outstanding LPGA golf tourney that has raised millions of dollars for local charities.
5. The Metropark system and other area parks are like emeralds encircling our fair city.
And the dislike: Many, many who have lived most or all of their lives here are really "down" on this city and region. They refuse to believe that anything good can come from Toledo. Hmmm...where have I heard that before?!?