Over at RevGalBlogPals, Sally writes...
I am reading a wonderful little book for Advent it's title: "Do nothing Christmas is Coming!"
So this weeks Friday Five is simple.
List five things you won't be doing to prepare for Christmas.
1. I will not be buying presents for as many people this year; we have decided mutually to reduce gift buying and instead give goats and chickens, and a micro-loan or two.
2. I will not be responsible for all of the Advent and Christmas services in our congregation this year; we are blessed with a full staff again! This is a big issue since we have 4 services on Christmas Eve at 5, 7, 9, and 11 PM.
3. I will not be hosting anyone at our house on Christmas Day. Dear friends have invited us to their home for the afternoon!
4. I will not be driving further than 10 miles to celebrate Christmas Day. We will drive to my parents' home for Christmas celebrating on Saturday, December 26th.
5. I will not be sending Christmas cards, but will send an Epiphany letter to family and friends in early January.
Bonus: I really enjoy Marty Haugen's hymns of the season; for Advent, my favorite would be Awake, Awake, and Greet the New Morn. Unfortunately, I cannot find a video of it.