What has happened this week so far: Many pastoral care issues, sandwiched between sermons (Sunday and midweek) and parish classes; 2 funerals in 10 days, another pending.What's up for the weekend:
I'll be working at the Band Contest hosted by our high school Friday afternoon and evening and hearing Peter Cetera in concert with our local symphony Saturday evening. Guest preacher Saturday evening -Thanks Eric! Teen Choir Musical Sunday.
Song In My Head:
"Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" by Billy Joel
Progeny Story of the Week
Music Man landed the lead in local high school spring musical "Bye, Bye Birdie!"
I am procrastinating about:
the taxes STILL!
Mark 5:36 Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe."
Favorite TV minute this week:
2 Hours of 24 Monday night
What I am serving for dinner tonight (that I never got around to last week):
Chicken and White Bean Stew
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 10-oz. pkgs. refrigerated light Alfredo sauce
- 1 15-oz. can Great Northern or white kidney beans (cannellini beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (1 medium)
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chile peppers
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (1 ounce) (optional)
- Fresh parsley leaves (optional)
1. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Sprinkle chicken with cumin and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat until brown. Place chicken in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in alfredo sauce, beans, broth, onion, chile peppers, and garlic.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. If desired, sprinkle each serving with cheese and parsley. Makes 8 servings.