Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Five: Fall Transformations

RevGalsBlogPal Mary Beth writes:

For this Friday's Five, share with us five transformations that the coming fall will bring your way.

  1. Fall 2008 will mark the beginning of our older son Music Man's senior year of high school. It seems as though we were just walking him into his kindergarten class...and now, we are scheduling senior pictures and college visits. It is an amazing and bittersweet time in our lives!
  2. In late September, our younger son Gamer and I will be testing for our black stripe in Taekwon-Do. Provided that we pass, we will be some six months away from testing for black belt. We have been working toward this goal for nearly three years!
  3. In October my mom and dad will mark 50 years of marriage - WOW!!! We are planning a weekend away together with them, once our high school finishes its game against our cross-town rivals. Go Cougars! Go Mom and Dad!
  4. It's coming a bit early to be counted as a fall transformation, but our pastoral staff has been reduced by one, due to the departure of our associate pastor after 9 years of good shared ministry. We will be entering the call process, and I will be working to maintain healthy boundaries as two pastors' worth of workload stretches out before me.
  5. I am beginning to get serious about the transformation of my physical health through increased exercise and healthier diet. I have joined SPARK PEOPLE.com and am tracking nutrition, exercise, and other goals for the sake of a healthier life. Goal is to lose 50 lbs by next March, when I begin my 50th year and test for black belt.


Bonus: Give us your favorite activity that is made possible by the arrival of fall.

The Captain and I love to watch the leaves changing color. We often try to sneak to Northern Michigan for a few days to celebrate our anniversary and witness the masterpieces that God paints there.

6 comments:

Mary Beth said...

What great transformations...I am impressed with the Tae Kwon Do!

Weight loss is on my list, too...but didn't make it to my list today...hmm, wonder if that reflects the reason I'm not losing weight!?

DogBlogger said...

Great transformations, indeed. And exciting in lots of different ways, too!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

What a wonderful celebration for your family. And I am going to check out the website you listed. Thanks.

Mavis said...

Wishing you well with that boundary setting. Easy to say, so important to do. I'm looking to lose weight as well. Spark People looks really good!

Anonymous said...

good play - i always wanted to do the martial arts classes but the boyz are not interested - maybe one day i'll get brave & do it alone

Ruby said...

Wow. Congratulations on all your great transformations!